#SDSC20 Speakers & Full Agenda Now Available
The 4th annual Spatial Data Science Conference is coming next month and we couldn’t be more excited. #SDSC20 will be available to the largest audience ever as a free virtual conference taking place between October 19th and 23rd.
Truly a global event, The Spatial Data Science Conference features attendees joining from around the world. The bulk of the attendees will be joining from the US and Europe, but we’re also excited that so many spatial enthusiasts will be joining from many different continents and timezones to share their experiences, as mapped below:
Talks You Won’t Want To Miss
The five day event features dozens of speakers and panelists from across industry, government, and academia. In addition to opportunities to network with hundreds of leaders and professionals via the online platform, the event features over 30 distinct sessions across 5 themed days. With themes ranging from learning the skills of today’s Spatial Data Scientist to Spatial Analysis vs COVID19, #SDSC20 has something for everyone.
Speakers joining us for #SDSC20 include:
- Bilal Lodhi - Director, Advanced Analytics - Bain & Company - Bilal is a Director in Bain & Company's Advanced Analytical Group. He has extensive experience in customer segmentation, predictive modeling, white space analysis, complexity reduction, pricing research and big data analytics.
- Zeinab Bakhtiari - Senior Data Scientist - TomTom - Zeinab is a Senior Data Scientist at TomTom. She is also a facilitator for #IamRemarkable, an initiative empowering women and underrepresented groups to speak openly about their accomplishments in the workplace and beyond.
- Brian Suk - Software Engineer - Google - Brian is a Software Engineer at Google and previously, was a Solutions Architect and a Big Data Specialist. He has helped a diverse group of customers overcome some of their toughest data challenges for over a decade.
- Carla DeMarzo-Sanchez - Solutions Architect - Moody's Analytics - Carla is a Solutions Architect at Moody's Analytics. She focuses on commercial real estate data & analytics, specializing in custom answers to client's commercial real estate questions.
- Michele Ferretti - Data Scientist - Booking.com - Michele is a Data Scientist at Booking.com. He is also finishing a PhD in the Department of Geography at King's College London, focusing on the role of geospatial technologies and "Smart Cities".
- Stephanie Sy - Founder & CEO - Thinking Machines - Stephanie is the founder and CEO of Thinking Machines, a global data science consultancy. The company builds AI and data systems to help organizations make data-driven business decisions.
- Luc Anselin - Senior Fellow - University of Chicago - Luc is a Senior Fellow at NORC at the University of Chicago in the Academic Research Centers. He is a leading world scholar among geographers, economists, & planners in the world on the subject of spatial econometrics.
- Paula Moraga - Statistics Professor - King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) - Paula is a Statistics Professor at KAUST, Saudi Arabia, and the author of the book Geospatial Health Data: Modeling and Visualization with R-INLA and Shiny.
- Tim Rains - Senior Spatial Data Scientist - Sainsbury's - Tim is a geospatial data science professional with over a decade of experience. At Sainsbury's he looks after visualization tools, data & models to support Location Planning, Property Strategy & other business areas.
- Nombuyiselo Murage - Research Data Scientist - Gro Intelligence - Nombuyiselo is a spatial data scientist, and she is the Research and Partnerships Lead at Women in GIS Kenya, which is a non-profit organization based in Nairobi.
- Google Cloud - Helping you build what's next with secure infrastructure, developer tools, APIs, data analytics and machine learning. Find out how computing power delivered everywhere, for everyone, is transforming business with GCP, G Suite, Google Maps API, and Chrome & Android devices.
- Experian - Experian unlocks the power of data to create opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. They gather, analyse and process data in ways others can't. They help individuals take financial control and access financial services, businesses make smarter decisions and thrive, lenders lend more responsibly, and organizations prevent identity fraud and crime.
- Unacast - Unacast is the leading transparent and contextualized location data platform. They empower companies to make smarter decisions and build better products by providing the most accurate understanding of human activity in the physical world through the Real World Graph®.
- OneView - OneView accelerates machine learning training by delivering game-changing virtual synthetic datasets for earth observation analytics. Their technology utilizes gaming engines to create 3D environments, which they then layer with randomization factors, filters and variation parameters to deliver real-like satellite and airborne imagery.
- Michael Bauer International - Being a specialist for small-scale data for Geomarketing, Michael Bauer International has been one of the biggest data providers for ten years. MBI unites passion and scientific know-how to provide globally consistent and comparable geographic data.
- Oracle - Oracle are a cloud technology company that provides organizations around the world with computing infrastructure and software to help them innovate, unlock efficiencies and become more effective.
- SAP - SAP's purpose is to help the world run better and improve people's lives. Their promise is to innovate to help their customers run at their best. SAP is committed to helping every customer become a best-run business. #TheBestRun
- Safegraph - SafeGraph is a data company. That's it - that's all they do. They predict the past. Their mission is to democratize access to data with a five year goal is to be THE source for accurate data about every physical place in the world.
- Placekey - Join Placekey and the geospatial industry on October 7th for an announcement, and much MUCH more.