CARTO Web SDK is an open-source library. We are more than happy to receive your contributions to the code and the documentation as well.
Filling a ticket
If you want to open a new issue in our repository, please follow these instructions:
- Add a descriptive title.
- Write a good description, answering the following questions:
- What is happening?
- What should happen instead?
- How to reproduce the issue. Remember to include Browser, OS and web-sdk version.
- Try to add an example showing the problem (using eg. codepen or a code snippet).
The best part of open source: collaborate directly with our CARTO Web SDK code! If you have fixed a bug or have a new functionality on your hands, we’d love to see it! These are the steps you should follow:
- Sign our Contributor License Agreement (CLA) Learn more here
- Fork the web-sdk repository.
- Create a new branch in your forked repository.
- Commit your changes. Remeber to add new tests if possible.
- Open a pull request.
- Any of the web-sdk mantainers will take a look.
- If everything works, it will be merged and released \o/.
- If you want more detailed information, this GitHub guide is a must.
Web SDK documentation is located in docs/. That folder is the content that appears in CARTO’s Developer Center. Follow the instructions described above and once we accept your pull request it will appear online :).
You will need to sign a Contributor License Agreement (CLA) before making a submission. Learn more here.