You can check which version of CARTO LDS is installed using this command:
1 cat /etc/carto-dataservices.config | grep CARTO_VERSION
You can check the upgrade pack version in the dataservices installer file name:
The CARTO installer artifact can be used to upgrade from a previous compatible running version.
1) Unpack the tar.gz file of the LDS installer
1 tar xfz carto-dataservices-<version>-rhel-6-x86_64.tar.gz
Where version is the version of the file provided.
2) In order to upgrade, run the installer (as root):
1 2 cd carto-dataservices-<version>-rhel-6-x86_64 ./carto-setup.sh dataservices
If you are upgrading to a new version of LDS, it is very likely that you would need to load a new dump of some of the databases that certain LDS functionalities make use of (internal geocoding, data observatory, etc..).
This version introduces an update for some extensions that Postgres uses in order to do data observatory analysis.
If you have been using Data Observatory, you will probably want to load a new dump of the DO databases in order to fully take advantage of the improvements included in this release. For instructions on how to load a new DO dump, kindly refer to the lds_do section.
To do an upgrade between these versions, it is mandatory to uninstall the current LDS installation and then perform a fresh installation:
1) Uninstall the current LDS installation using
2) Install the new version following the instructions at
3) Configure you dataservices providers following the instructions at
4) Load LDS geocoding database following the instructions at
5) In case you are using Data Observatory, please enable and load it
following the instructions at lds_do.