The dashboard is one of the core pieces of CARTO. It's what users see right after they login to their CARTO accounts. From here users can manage their datasets create maps with Builder update their account settings API keys and much more.
For some time we had been hearing feedback and suggestions on how to make the dashboard better and a couple of months ago the Product team at CARTO decided it was the right time to give the dashboard some love. After some research and design work we set out to build something new and fresh that would quickly deliver great value to our users!
That's exactly what we're announcing today! 🎉🎉🎉
The new dashboard will not only make users more productive but it also provides a strong foundation and has given us some inertia to continue iterating improving and delivering more value to the wide and diverse range of CARTO users. This is just the beginning!
Starting today we'll progressively enable the new dashboard to all CARTO users.
⭐ New layout and look & feel
- Simpler navigation
- New HOME page to quickly access your favorite and latest maps and datasets
- Global search box to find what you're looking for
- More modern and updated look and feel
✨ Usability fixes
- Condensed views to see more items on the screen
- New ordering and filtering options for better organization
- Select multiple items faster
- List your tags to keep your account more organised
- Info about storage and Location Data Service credits
👟 Performance improvements
- The new dashboard now loads ~2x faster!
We can't wait for you to give the new dashboard a try and we truly hope it will make working with CARTO a more pleasurable experience.
Have some feedback? Please let us know 🙏!